Monday, June 30, 2008

Week One--Defining my Pharaohs

Cindi

I have realized that blogging everyday is just not possible right now. My days are way too short and blogging on the run just will not cut it. So anyway, I am going to wrap up week one today.
As I struggled to name my pharaohs I realized that Leah hit the nail on the head. I am too worried about being connected. I always have my phone with me, even in class I check it several times a night. When I am driving it is right there under my leg so I don't miss a call. When I get home I turn on the laptop and check my buddy list to see if the girls are online and the thought of being at work without the Internet? Horror!!!
I also believe that my volunteer work could and may already be a god in my life. I am struggling with the issue of giving up teaching Sunday school so I can be available to drive for VJGC. My friend Elizabeth is struggle with a issue and something she said Friday night really got me thinking. She said that maybe she was suppose to stay in her present job where she is used and abused by the public because that is where she can do the most good instead of in her dream job
where she would be in more loving and welcoming environment.
Maybe being in that classroom is where God wants me instead of driving the van for the VJGC. Volunteering at the camp is such a "high profile" job that it is easy to say "yes, I'll do it"
I don't have to prepare, just show up and all the preliminary work is done for me. I have to say it is a lot easier than other volunteer work that I have done in the past.
But I heard a saying on the radio , "You should always do what is right and good".
Now sometimes right isn't always "good". I don't mean we should do wrong or bad stuff but sometimes God calls us for jobs that are hard, lonely, and just not fun. Is a high profile volunteer position a pharaoh in my life? I believe if it is not now it could be quickly become one. Satan can use the good for his purpose if we don't guard against him at all times.
My prayer for this week is to let God use my skills to glorify HIM. A devotions I read today said we must let God use us. It is a choice, not an obligation. He wants our permission to be HIS HANDS in our world. I love that I have the option to be His servant. It is not mandatory. Wow, now how is that for freedom.

No comments: