Thursday, June 26, 2008

Week 1 Day 2

Substituting for God in my Life

I really did some soul searching on this day. Of course I first thought that I always put God first but then that little voice of nagging doubt started to pound louder in my head.
Bible study, internet, reading, all can very easily distract me from spending time with my Lord. Just being quiet and listening for His Voice is very hard for me. I want to be "productive" . I would rather be doing something.
Kelly says that a god could be something that is "incredibly good that has only turned bad by virtue of how much it consumes you."
If I become consumed by anything then it shuts God out and the door could be labeled many "good" things like volunteer work, bible study, school, even fellowship with my soul sisters. I try to preface all my actions with "To God be the Glory" but sometimes it is to Cindi be the glory.

No comments: