Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stand up

Well, as I drove around this afternoon from one errand to another I so proudly (notice the pride) declared to God that I was a woman of faith and I was going to ride out the storm, holding on until it was over. Well as we know, when we start making declarations to God just watch out! He told me to get out the bottom of the boat, stand up and face the storm. Now that is not what I thought I would hear from Him. I told God "I am not that strong, I will fall backwards" God said"I will be the pole holding you up" Well, I am not sure what exactly God means by telling me to stand up but I am sure He will show me. So I am going to be standing up at the front of boat until the storm passes over. I guess I will have a first hand look if we are heading for a ice burg. Of course I will be the first to see the sunrise too. I will be glad when the clouds are gone and we have clear sailing before us. I know I will have the best view to see how God is in control of my life. If I am in the bottom of the boat with a blanket over my head then I will miss God's spectacular rescue mission.
So if I look kinda wet then just know that I am at the front where I can get the spray for the boat all over me and that I am looking forward to the distant shore.

Until next time

No comments: